Friday, August 20, 2010

First Day!

Luke started preschool! He was so excited. He is attending St. Michael's School which is right down the street from our house. Every time we pass it, he says, "There's my school. Can I go now?" I guess I was failing on entertaining him this summer.

When I was growing up, we took pictures every first day by the front door. So I have continued the tradition. I also took pictures at his school. I was fine with him going to school and didn't get all teary eyed even though he let me walk him in kicking and screaming. He wanted to go by himself and be a big kid. So today on the second day, I dropped him off in the carpool line and watched him walk in all by his big boy self. Then I got all teary eyes. Before letting him out of the car, I asked "Are you sure you don't need me to walk you in?" He reassured me, "No. I can walk in by myself. I can handle it." He really has grown into a big boy that is very independent. Happy First Day Luke!


When they get to school, they have to hang up there own coats and bags. Then go wash there hands before they enter the classroom. Once they enter the room, the teacher gives them a sticker to place on a chart. Here he is with his long time friend Mallaney putting stickers on the chart.
One last picture before he waved me on.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hope you have a wonderful school year. EJ and Logan miss you!