Once Luke started school and bringing home homework, we started an afternoon schedule. It has made our afternoons so much more pleasant. Before we started this schedule, Joseph was so excited to see his brother but Luke needed down and alone time. We were having many fights. Now, they both get down time in there rooms for a little while and then we work on homework. Joseph has been doing some "homework" which he loves. While I am cooking dinner, they have table time where they work on something that is somewhat quiet and with a nuetral toy. A couple months ago I was introduced to Pinterest. I love it! Anyway, I have gotten many ideas on activities I could do with them. We have done many sensory and fine motor things. This is fun for the boys because everyday is different and many times it is not with one of their toys. Below are some of the pictures we have done, like painting our pumpkins, putting pipe cleaners in the colendar, and making sensory jars. The pictures got out of order. I also added a sweet picture of Thomas. He is eating three meals a day and sitting in the highchair. He also has starting to rock on his hands and knees. Although he hasn't started crawling yet, he is inching and rolling around on the floor. He manages to get where he shouldn't and grabs his brothers toys. He is growing way too fast for me.
My painted pumpkin.Sweet Thomas ready to eat.
Luke's T-Ball team. (Luke is the one standing by his coach.)Making our sensroy jars.
Looking and watching.
The colendars turned into hats then shields. Joseph still calls it his "hat" when I get it out to cook.
Painting pumpkins. (and hair)
T-ball ended and now soccer is over! Luke has had a good season but is ready for a break. We are spending the end of the fall and winter just relaxing and getting back into a routine. Starting tomorrow morning, both boys will start their chore sheet. Luke had been doing his but we got out of habit once school started and t-ball and soccer and so on. So I thought since everything was over, it would be a good time to start that back up. I also thought it would be good to get Joseph started on one, too. They have the same sheet but Joseph will have a little help doing his. Once Luke started homework, we started an afternoon schedule. That has helped so much making our afternoons smoother, happier and less chaotic. I am hoping that the chore sheet will help keep the house under control and give the boys more responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment