Friday, August 12, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!

Well, it finally happened.  Luke started school.  He was so excited and ready.  August 1st, he started counting down the days.  Living across the street from school, we get to walk him every morning and every afternoon.  The whole family went yesterday but Jeremy will walk him from now on.  His friend Mallaney is in his class and has already met some new friends.  His favorite was recess and getting to go twice.  The night before we looked at the school menu and picked days he wanted to buy lunch.  My picky eater wants to eat school lunches pretty much everyday.  I was shocked but glad that I don't have to figure out what to pack him for lunch.  It is also a very short lunch period of 25 minutes.  He didn't finish and had to throw most of his lunch away including his brownie.  I am sure that hurt.  Considering they eat at 10:30 in the morning, he was starving when I picked him up. I hope that he learned his lesson and eats faster today.  His only complaint was having to get up so early.  He also said that he was good all day and he didn't get to go in the treasure box.  (His teacher apparently hasn't told them about it.  But I told him about it after reading her letter.)  He said he loved school and was ready to go back right then.

 My favorite picture.  He was looking to see if anyone was watching his mother take ANOTHER picture.  After this one, I left without him even waving, crying and getting upset.  He didn't even notice that we were gone.  My baby has really grown up. 


Joseph was so excited, too.  He needed to wear his back pack just like Luke.  He thought he was going to school, also.  He also needed his picture taken.  Unfortunately, he fell and busted his chin open.   

All in all, Luke had a great first day.  He was very excited to see me and Joseph after school and ran down the street with Mallaney while Raegan and I tried to catch up.  We ended the day celebrating Jeremy's birthday at the Mexican restaurant and cake and ice cream at home.  Not a bad way to start your school career. 

No comments: