Saturday, May 14, 2011

Things I am learning

Life with three boys is exciting and busy.  Things I am learning:
One always wants what the other has and will go to any measure to get it.
Passing gas and burping are funny.
If one passes gas or burps, then the other has to, also.
They will build forts, caves and mountains out of anything.
They love to tie each up. 
Teasing each other is a fun game and they fall for it every time.
Boys wrestle all the time.
They aren't modest and there is no privacy.  Guest don't get special treatment, either.
They make a gun, flying airplane or truck noise all the TIME!
They make guns out of anything. 
Empty boxes are more fun that toys.
I always have a paddle in my back pocket.  Most of the time just showing them is enough.
Clothes don't have to match.  Why can't they wear church shoes with gym shorts?
It's not a good day if their clothes don't have grass stains.
They don't hear you the first time.  You have to say something 2-3 times.
They have a delay time before they respond to me.
The tv is my friend if I want to get anything done.
I am scarfing down my meals just so I can eat.
I am doing a load of laundry everyday.
Best of all: Boys love their Momma.

The boys are doing good and loving Thomas.  He is getting big, staying awake for longer periods of time, starting to smile, talking and singing, sleeping for about 5 hours at a time and loves watching his brothers.  He is 6 weeks, weighs around 11 pounds 7 ounces and is around 22 inches long.  He has lost most of his hair on top and the sides are thinning out.  His eyes are still a dark blue.  He has chunked up with big cheeks and a double chin.  He is very sweet and we all love having him around.  His big brothers love holding him, playing music for him and sitting by him in the car.  They also love shoving his pacifier into his mouth. 

Luke is almost done with school.  I can't believe that this year went so fast.  He will start Kindergarten in the fall and is very ready for it.  He is playing soccer and doing pretty good.  He is signed up for swim lessons, a science camp and many play dates this summer.  We will try to get some chores and school work done in between his busy schedule. 

Joseph is wild and full of energy.  He has one week left of Mother's Day Out.  He has learned some colors, letters and shapes.  He still loves puzzles and books.  He is signed up for swim lessons this summer, too.  He loves to be outside playing and riding his scooter or bike. 

It is total craziness at our house but we are having fun and taking it one day at a time.  Sorry no pictures.  I need a new card reader and for some reason I haven't had time to go to Best Buy.  Hopefully this weekend someone can make a trip.

No comments: