Friday, March 25, 2011

Luke

This little boy is 5 1/2 and going to be a big brother twice. He is such a wonderful big brother to Joseph. For two years he has been gentle, loving and helpful to Joseph. He is still gentle with him even when Joseph is beating up on him. He is in preschool and loving it. He has made lots of progress and is right on track for Kindergarten. He has lots of energy and excitement. He loves to be funny and make people laugh. He is all boy! He has started soccer back up for another season. He is on the Cougars team.

We have started a chore sheet and allowance with him. It has been great and he really enjoys it. I hope it last. Some of his chores are putting clean clothes away, dusting, taking out the trash, and unload the dishwasher. He also has chores that he does everyday like cleaning up his toys, putting his dirty clothes away, and feeding Lilli. He has to get a check mark for everything that day to earn his dollar. Since this is the first week it is fun. We will also start 3 banks for him: giving, saving and spending. He has already started talking about what he is going to buy. I have already enjoyed teaching him how to do the chores. I realize that my house will not have the best dusting job and his clothes may be shoved in the drawers but he is learning responsibilities around the house. It is also holding me accountable to do my chores, too. Another thing we have done since the weather is nice, is turned off the TV.

Some funny things he does are acting out with his knights and pirates which he has now has changed to Vikings, dancing to the credits when the movie is over, climb the tree on our patio, dress up in costume and play, paint and color pictures. His pictures always have a neat story that go with it. He loves to play by himself but has fun playing with Joseph.


Eating has always been an issue with Luke. We have worked with him on trying food and eating several bites of everything. He has recently stopped fighting us and eating everything on his plate. Several nights he has given me the best compliment. He says that dinner is delicious and I am the best chef every. Since October he has put on 4 1/2 pounds. Yay! Some of the things he has been eating carrots, green beans, broccoli, chicken noodle soup, hamburgers, turkey sandwiches, baked potatoes, pot roast, apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, ravioli, chicken (not frozen chicken nuggets), ham, and a few other things. Many of these seem easy but he will only eat five bites because he is five. But I will take 5 bites over nothing. He still loves his pizza, grilled cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and muffins. Breakfast is probably the only meal that he gobbles up quickly and eats a lot. He loves muffins, bacon, sausage and waffles but has added bagels, cereal and eggs to that menu. I still add baby food to things so I can to get a little more in him but we are making huge progress.


I can't believe that my little boy is growing up so fast. He loves to have conversations with us and ask many questions. He is fascinated with bible stories and how things work. This fall he will start Kindergarten. I am not sure how I feel about this but can't stop it. He is so excited.


We are so proud of you, Luke!

No comments: