Sunday, March 6, 2011

Count Down!

Nothing like having a baby to get projects done. We have been working on small house projects that we have been meaning to do or finish and the timing never seemed better than now. The baby is due March 30th and we are working hard to finish. We started off good and got the big boy room finished and I cleaned out toys. Then I lost steam. But now, we are finding some energy to get ready. I have been slowly working on things like making diaper bags and burp cloths, washing clothes and setting up the nursery. Jeremy has been working on installing a new bathroom door, painting, and changing light fixtures. The boys, especially Joseph have been right there underfoot helping. Below are pictures of the nursery. We decided to leave the guest bed in there, took the closet doors off which opened up the room and re-hung the pictures. I haven't finished putting the crib bedding back on. We are having to use the crib for a time-out place for Joseph during bedtime. So far it is working and he is staying in his big boy bed.
In Luke's nursery, Reese made curtains out of the fabric above. We used the same curtains when the nursery became Joseph's. Then we moved and the windows are a different size and the curtains didn't work. I held onto them but not sure what I would do with them. I gave them to Reese and she turned the curtains into pillows and a quilt. It really adds a special touch and love to the room. Thanks Reese!
A little dress up time-- Joseph is always putting on our shoes and walking around the house. Tonight he found my boots, put them on and played in them for a long while.

A little down time-- The other weekend, Joseph was getting over an ear infection and cold and Luke was coming down with a cold. So I kept them home from church and had a pajama day. They piled up and watched movies most of the morning while I got smaller things done around the house.
The next project is rearranging the playroom, stocking up the freezer and pantry and major spring cleaning. We are getting ready and very excited about the arrival of Baby S. He will be here soon.





No comments: