Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve

This Christmas season, we have been teaching Luke about Mary and Joseph's trip to Bethlehem adn the birth of baby Jesus. He has been working on an advent nativity scene where he adds something new everyday. This year we stayed home for Christmas, so we went to our church for the Christmas Eve service. It was a great sermon with wonderful music. I was hoping that the boys would sit and listen nicely, but Joseph got very excited to see our friends sitting behind us and tried to climb over the pew. (Have I mentioned he's a climber.) He went to the nursery after the choir sang. Luke, on the other hand, climbed into my lap and fell asleep. I guess one of the boys was quiet.

After the service, we had friends over for a Christmas dinner. Between the three families we had nine children ranging from ages four months to six years. It was a ton of fun and the kids were great. After dinner, the kids ate cupcakes for Jesus' birthday. They each had a candle on their cupcake and after singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus, the candles were blown out. Earlier that night, I told Luke we were having cupcakes for Jesus's birthday. He responded "But Jesus isn't coming to the party. Just my friends."

(Sorry for the blur spot in the pictures. I didn't realize that I had a smudge on the lens.)

Luke and Emma Jane

Noah
Clara and Logan
Logan
Mia

No comments: