Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Potty Training

After running out of excuses for not to begin potty training, I decided to finally start. Jeremy started with him on Monday waking him up and putting him on the potty. Luke put up a good fight, which really scared me. I tried to come up with one more excuse but failed. So Friday morning the diaper came off and the big boy underwear went on. After we started, I thought back on some advice my mother had once given me. My mother told me that it takes three days to break a habit, (and that ended up being true for the pacifier). Great, in three days he will break the habit of using the bathroom in his diaper. I called her my mom for a pep talk as Luke and I were sitting in the bathroom. She gave me some more advice. The parents get trained first, then the child. I am on the 5th day of potty training, cleaned up many accidents, washed too many loads of laundry, and I am worn out. Luke went to school today and had zero accidents. Yeah! He has had two since he got home and both were with me. So, I guess I am not trained yet.



Yesterday after being locked in the house for three days and racing to the bathroom every hour, Luke got really creative with his toys. He was running back and forth to his room from the kitchen moving his toys. He then told me he needed his table in his room. I went to see what he was doing. He was drumming. The sit and spin plays music, which of course has his favorite song. Enjoy the video.





A week ago, we went to Thursday Night Live in a little park downtown. A band was playing. We thought since Luke loved the band in Oxford, this would be a fun evening. Luke enjoyed playing with the windmill, water fountain and climbing the tree more than listening to the band. He was worn out afterwards and fell asleep in the car.






All is well here. Jeremy takes the Bar next week. He is busy studying and getting ready. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: