2 PODS, 2 storage units, 2 full cars with a storage bubble on top, 2 trunks and many suitcases are all emptied and moved in. One bathroom is about half done waiting on the vanity and sink and the other bathroom is waiting on a few more things. Once that bathroom is finished, Jeremy and I can clean and paint our room. We emptied out the storage units and now have everything in the house. We found two antique chest of drawers/dressers this weekend for our room, set up the bed and moved in to our room. The guest bed is set up in Joseph's room and pictures will soon be hung. The house is coming together and we are slowly returning to normal life. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. Once we finish the bathrooms, the windows should be in so some more construction will start. Then we will tackle the basement.
With all the moving and construction going on, we are trying to return to a normal life and routine for the boys. Luke is back at school and Joseph is somewhat on a schedule. We have had some play dates, trips to the library, walks to the Arboretum, playing on the playground and a fun night out to the circus. A friend offered us tickets to the circus and invited us to see the elephants eat lunch on Friday. Luke had a great time. Last year we took him and he cried, scared to death of the clowns. I warned him this year that the clowns would be there. He wasn't scared this year and even said after the circus that the clown was his favorite part. I later asked him what he saw. He replied,"Tigers, jugglers, hoopers and hangers." It took me a few minutes to understand what he was talking about. The hoopers and hangers were the acrobats swinging around on hoops and cloth. I really don't know what they are called, so hoopers and hangers sound good to me. Joseph has changed so much all in a week. He has gotten really good at crawling, learned to sit up from laying down and pulls up on everything. He is very curious and into everything. He knows that we but boxes on the floor just for him to go through and empty. I was talking with my sister on how to start disciplining her toddler. It is funny how she can make a loud noise when she doesn't want Hayes to touch something. He gets scared and starts crying but he stops touching whatever it is-toilet, cabinets, fireplace... I tried it with Joseph. He turns and looks at me, gives me a big smile and continues on with what he was touching. I had to pull him out of the fireplace covered in black ashes the other day. He is going to be a handful. He will also put a different definition to baby proofing the house. He has also cut 2 teeth. I have feeling more are coming because he isn't sleeping through the night. He is still very sweet but gets his punches on Luke. It is fun to watch the boys together. They love each other tons. Luke gives Joseph hugs and kisses, sings to him in the car and tries to clam him down with he is crying. Joseph gets so excited when he sees Luke, crawls over to him and tries to play with Luke. Things have been busy but we are having fun.
Sorry no pictures. I will hopefully have some to post on our new bathroom soon.
1 comment:
Glad life is returning to normal for you all! Can't wait til you post some pictures of the progress on the house. I know it will be nice to have it all finished and just start enjoying a clean house once again.
Post a Comment