Joseph is 5 weeks old! He is becoming more alert, tracking our voices and following us with his eyes. He has grown to 6 pounds 14 ounces. He has a great appetite and is eating copious amounts compared to his brother at the same age. He continues to be very laid back and sleeps wonderfully. Yeah!
Luke has been pretty reasonable with his Christmas list this year. He told Santa he wanted toys for Christmas. Easy enough. Jeremy asked Luke what he wanted for Christmas, and Luke replied, "snow boots, hat, gloves and a seat belt (belt)." When I asked Luke, he said he wanted Spider man and Batman. I guess Luke is making sure that he doesn't get the same thing from everyone.
When we got home from school on Thursday, Luke decided it was time open presents since he saw Santa. Sorry Hayes but he got your present. I did re-wrap it.
Thursday night, Jeremy and I had our first date since becoming parents of two children. We braved the crowds at Toys-R-Us to Christmas shop and then went to dinner. Wild night out!
Friday, Luke's friends came over to play and have lunch. There were six children ranging from two to three year olds and five babies ranging nine months to five weeks old. It was so much fun and every toy was out. While every toy was out, I saw toys I had not seen in months. We decided to give these neglected toys away to some kids that might give them more attention. As an added bonus, we made room for Luke's new Christmas toys.
Friday night, we went to Jeremy's firms Christmas party, and then went out to an Irish pub with some of Jeremy's co-workers. Surprisingly, Jeremy and I made it out to 11:45. That is pretty good for us these days.
Saturday, we went to Louisville to celebrate Christmas with Nona and visit with Luke's Great Grandmother, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. Everyone met the newest members of the family. Not only was Joseph introduced, everyone got to see and hold Dan and Heather's one week old baby boy, Ronan. I forgot our camera, so pictures will be coming later compliments of Uncle Ron.
It has been a fun and busy week. Now, we are headed south to Mississippi to Reese's for Christmas.
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
You were brave to tackle sugar cookies with Luke...he looked like he had a blast! I enjoyed hanging out last week! Have a safe trip!
Post a Comment